To provide compassionate care to as many cats and dogs as we can, the San Francisco SPCA has created several innovative programs to make veterinary care affordable to all eligible guardians. These programs translate into millions of dollars of subsidized veterinary care annually.
To qualify for financial assistance, you must:
- Provide proof of San Francisco residency
- Demonstrate financial need and provide proof of income
- Pet in care must be spay/neutered
- Have applied for and exhausted CareCredit
- A valid government issued photo ID (driver’s license, state ID card, passport or military ID)
- A second form of ID (Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover debit or credit card). Other secondary forms of ID will not be accepted.
- CareCredit can be used to pay for any products or services at our hospital.
- CareCredit is often the best option for expensive treatments, including dental work, as we offer several extended financing plans through CareCredit.
Spay-Neuter Free and Sliding Scale
Please call our Client Service Representatives at 415.554.3030 to discuss your eligibility for financial assistance. Read more about our spay-neuter services, fees, and discounts on our Spay-Neuter Clinic page.
New Adopter Assistance
The SF SPCA provides a free first wellness exam for new adopters who adopt from either of the SF SPCA Adoption Centers in the Mission or Pacific Heights or one of our Bay Area rescue partners. Find out more about new adopter assistance on the Adoption Process page.